Hello, Gorgeous! I just got back from a short vacation to Laguna Beach, California and omg, it is so beautiful! We stayed at the Capri Inn On the Beach, and as named, it is right on the beach, hah. I loved falling asleep and waking up to the waves crashing right outside my window; and the sunset and sunrise there, aaah everything is just so magical.
I know I am from California, but Southern California, Orange County specifically, is one of the most scenic places in California. And everything we ate was SO good! Our favorite place to have breakfast is Vitaly Caffé (pictured above). We eat there every morning during our stay. Every time.
Above is the look I wore to the airport upon our arrival. Whether it is on a plane or in a car, when traveling I am all about comfort and through my years of traveling, I found the pieces (and even hairstyles!) that will guarantee you to be relaxed and comfy while still looking chic!
What to wear on an airplane:
1. Jeggings | I can’t even remember life before jeggings. Just kidding, but these are my favorite go-to pants in general and especially when traveling. They are the perfect mix of being both comfortable and stylish. American Eagle has been one of my favorite brands ever since I was in high school, and I have been loving their distressed collection. My jeans above are from AE!
2. Oversized Tee | I typically go for my oversized v-necks and pair them with a cute lacey bralette underneath! I love the tees from Urban Outfitters.
3. Wedge / Sneaks | I am wedge-girl. I wear them on a daily, so for me I don’t see a discomfort in them, but for longer flights, or ladies who are looking for the ultimate comfy travel guide, opt for a cute pair of sneakers. I am all about my Adidas and platform sneakers.
4. Cute Bag | Ian makes fun of me for this one. He laughs and says I overpack (hello, accessories and beauty products) but honestly it is great to throw in the little necessities you may need while on the flight: headphones, makeup for touchups, brush, snacks, more snacks… An extra bag is also great when they pair with some of your outfits during your stay! #duelpurpose My favorite bags to travel with are totes and chic backpacks. Sole Society has super cute and affordable handbags!
5. Extra Layer | Because it tends to be colder on airplanes, I like to keep an extra layer that is easily accessible. Sometimes I will already be wearing it, sometimes it will be around my waist, and other times it is in that cute little bag that Ian now wishes he had to carry around an extra layer for him 😉
Travel Style Tip: I also like to layer up when I wanted to pack, say another jacket, but there is no room in my carryon. I will just wear it on the plane!
6. Hairstyles | My favorite airplane hairstyle, especially for longer flights, is a double dutch braid (or french braid pigtails). Depending on the time of flight, I will either do it the night before or the morning of, but I love that it stays out of my face and that I get a beachy wave once I take it out later. My second go-to hairstyle is the famous messy bun. It takes under a minute and will look stylish with every outfit!
What is your go-to travel look? If you’d like to see how I achieve my messy bun, comment below and I will make a quick tutorial! Thank you so much for stopping by!
Shop The Post: